The Woodland is Free to Residents or patrons of our Café only - It is not a free walk:-
- Free of charge = We ask all customers use the Fisherman’s Arms
- £10 per car for those who don’t use the Fisherman’s Arms
- The woodland walk is available all day for residents. For non-residents it mirrors the Fisherman’s Arms hours
- Plenty of free parking
- The Woodland walk is a lovely 40 acres of Herefordshire countryside to walk the dog or take the kids for a stroll.
- It’s here to reward our customers who use the Fisherman’s Arms or Coffee Shop, so it’s unlike the National Trust.
- The Woodland walk doesn’t include the lakes. Please keep that peaceful for our residents.
Docklow Pools is set in 120 acres of fabulous Herefordshire countryside. We aren’t all fishing you know…. One of the beautiful features of Docklow is our woodland walk which dances around the perimeter of the farm. There is 40 or so acres to stroll and venture into. The wild life can be just as impressive.
There are lots of wonderful birds’ particular big buzzards floating between trees. Its lovely to see. There are some other secrets which occasionally you see.
Beautiful Grand Trees too and wildflowers can be found. The Oak trees in “Ruth’s wood” are incredible. They are worth the walk alone. All of them must be 100s of years old and stand so grand and proud on your way.
For our youngsters joining their guardians, check out our Owl trail – again we won’t say too much, but find as many “Owls” on the route as you can, and pop back to the coffee shop to collect your Certificate.
In all there’s nearly a couple of miles to walk from start to finish, but if you want a shorter path then at any time you can always find a way home.
Before you ask, is there a charge for the wood land walk? It’s completely free to everyone who supports the coffee shop. To come grab a drink or piece of cake. There’s NO car park charges too. So, a splendid country walk in beautiful scenery which will cost you a cup of coffee.
Dogs are allowed but please two things – always keep dogs on a lead, and secondly collect any mess. Thanks
We are open every day of the week until early October from 8am
Summer we are open 7 days a week – winter its mostly weekends and Thursday & Fridays
Always check our website for opening
Sunday is breakfasts until mid-morning then we revert from Black Puddings to Yorkshire Puddings… its Sunday Lunch only from 11.30am
Our Daily Lunch time specials are all homemade and a real treat.
Great opportunity to grab Wi-Fi and emails.