Double rod ticket holders only
Our largest Lake, at approximately 7 acres with a large island in the middle. It’s a really beautiful pool, with trees all around. Lovely and peaceful. 12 pegs.
This is a non-day ticket pool, it’s an exclusive resident’s pool. Night fishing is allowed for guests and members. A great pool if you’re prepared to put the hard work in, the results will come.
There is no Membership or Day tickets for the Major Bill – To fish it you need to stay with us for a week.
The Major Bill lake was named after Montgomery’s staff Captain who lived in the village of Docklow. A bit of a character…. and so is this lake!
It can be hard work but put the time in and your efforts can be rewarded.
The pool is known to have:
- Cat Fish – 70lbs +
- Grass Carp – 31lbs +
- Common & Mirrors – 30lbs+ but plenty of doubles
- One of the best Catfish pools in the country
- Our biggest lake, approx. 7 acres with a large island in the middle.
- 16 quality spacious hard standing pegs in quiet countryside
- Fantastic looking and very quiet & peaceful
- Catfish recorded over 67lbs. Plenty growing.
- There are no day tickets on the Major Bill to fish it in summer you need to stay with us.
- Residents can fish the pool for £50 week
- Not the easiest pool to fish in the world, but we believe the effort put will give you great results, and its what fishing should be about
- A 100% Private pool for residents and members. Double Rod ticket holders and over 18yrs only.
- Night fishing available for residents and members on the Major Bill lake
- Please see rules page for further specifics
- Docklow Pools Facebook has lots of guests photographs. Too many to show on this page.
- We do not allow non-residents or Non-members to walk around this pool. Its kept completely private.