“Willow is our best 1 bedroom traditional cottage”
Back in the late 70’s, these cottages were the first to be converted from barns into cottages here at Docklow. So, they not only have a lot nostalgia to us, they also offer lots of charm and character. Set in a 17th century converted barn, they feel like country cottages, with oak beams and stone walls, not plaster board and spot lights.
The four of them aren’t the biggest cottages in the world, but they work perfectly, for someone on their own or an understanding couple.
That said they have everything, apart from a shower in side (it’s a bath), compared to other places here.
Cosy, Mill and Willow are charming little cottages set in the Courtyard Mews. Appletree cottage is in the Stable Mews by the garden and folly.
Appletree and Cosy cottages are the smallest cottages we offer, so it’s a popular choice for single occupancy.
The ground floor is an open plan kitchen and lounge area. The lounge contains a comfortable sofa and chair, Freeview television and gas fire. The kitchen is equipped with electric cooker, fridge, microwave, and utensils. Upstairs is a traditional double bed room overlooking the countryside, and a bathroom with bath, basin and WC. A fishing tackle lock up to secure gear etc is close by. Each are heated through conventional economy 7 heating arrangements, and are heated by traditional gas fires.Willow Cottage is available for short 3-day breaks in Summer season.
- Location: Main site adjacent to the fisherman’s arms
- Type: Traditional cottage with stairs
- Style: One bedroom
- Male only parties allowed? No
- Nearest and furthest lakes? Match Pool Stock Pond
- In Season Short Break option? Yes
- Pets allowed? No
- Electric meter? Yes
- Sleeps? One single occupant or one couple
- Bath or shower? Bath
- Central heating? No
- Suitable for Disabled? No
- Alternative choices? Swan Drift, Mallards Nest, Pheasant Roost, Heron Heights
- Private Tackle shed & Car Park space? Tackle store with key code (padlock NOT provided) Car parking space