Docklow headlines - Autumn & Winter
Holidays and Breaks
- - We are fully booked until 10th October for holidays & breaks
- - There is a cancellation list - email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added
- - October to March 27th 2021 - Most properties rented on a long term winter lease.
- - Min 2 night options start from 1st November.
- - Farm House B&B is available on a Friday & Saturday night only
- - 10th October onwards handful of properties available
- - All Pet Friendly properties sold for winter
- - Winter breaks be aware of facilities opening hours
- - Brookside & Stepping Stones available to be booked through an agent for winter breaks
- - Closed 24th to 28th December every year
- - We are working to the government guidelines until further notice
- - Any changes to arrangements will be communicated here
- - any bookings we'll contact you by telephone
- - Holiday makers:
The information we supplied about your booking including - Bedding, Pots & Pans still applies until the end of the season
The Fisherman's Arms
- - We are residents only until 26th September
- Day Times
- - Business as usual
- - Open 7 Days and Evenings a week until 17th October
- 17th October onwards
- - The Pub, Coffee shop and Fisherman's Arms moves to winter hours
- - Thursday, Friday & Saturday - 8am to 3pm and 6pm to 11pm (food 9pm)
- - Sunday - 8am to 6pm
- - Carvery 11.30 to 5pm
- - All customers and age groups welcome within government guidelines.
From Thursday 24th September until further notice our bar & restaurant at Docklow will call last orders for Food & Drink at 9pm.
With both customers AND staff expected to have left the Fisherman’s Arms with alarm on by 10pm.
Table service is expected - so we ask everyone to stop wandering around or going to the bar. You’ll still need to go to the bar to pay.
Service will be warm, firm & friendly but slower than usual. We encourage everyone to pay by card as much as possible to make us safer & quicker.
Reminder we open from 5pm (Saturday 4pm) for evenings. Continue to be open from 8am in the mornings. (Our winter hours kick in from 17th October)
We’ll continue to comply to the rules for everyone’s good. We ask you to do the same. Please don’t visit the our pub if you can’t work to these arrangements. Simple.
It makes sense to encourage diners to eat as early as possible, preferably before 7pm when it’s quietest.
Tackle shop hours
- - Refer to 01568760544 suggest weekend mornings only from October onwards
- - Refer all fishing, rivers, members and bait to shop please
- - Please be aware it's closed mid-week in the winter
- - 3rd to 10th October is Docklow Festival - all lakes being used
- - available 365 days a year. No booking required. Rules apply
- - Diary will open for new customers 1st October 2020
- - 2021 invoices will go out earlier (October) this year than previous years
- - Get in touch if unsure of bookings
- Early Bird
- - To receive 2020 prices on a 2021 holiday pay in full by 31st December.
- - Will be published in December - expecting them to be similar to 2020 unless Chancellor hikes up vat
- - To be sure pay by 31st December
- - No deals or discounts - please don't ask.
- - Terms & conditions - changed for 2021
Adult Only Fishing Holidays
Docklow Pools fishing holidays offer a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing holidays and possibly the oldest if not the most handsome venue of its kind in the UK.
The Bozward family have been at West End Farm (as it was then known) since 1972 when it was a working farm, and our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... how times have changed.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, we expanded the pools over the years, listened to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools