Please note the TWO important updates below, one for day fishing and one for fishing holidays.
1. Docklow Pools - Fishing Update
For day fishing or membership enquiries call 015687 60544. Mornings 8am to 11am.
- * Day Fishing available from Wednesday 13th May, 2020.
- * Stringent Social distancing rules apply.
- * All anglers be aware of the rules before attending.
- * Day Tickets available from kiosk (the tackle shop)
- * Kiosk open 8am to 11am daily until further notice.
- * Card only payments
- * Bait available
- * Anglers only - no spectators.
- * No moving pegs
- * Pegs available will be "even numbers" i.e. 2, 4, 6 etc. thus leaving a mandatory peg in between each angler
- * All anglers off premises by 7pm at the latest.
- * Environment Agency license required to fish Docklow Pools.
- * Renewals from kiosk when open
- * Regular day tickets should consider a membership if coming here often.
2. Important Fishing Holidays update
We have decided to close Docklow Pools for holidays until June 27th, 2020 because of the government instructions from the Coronavirus pandemic.
Ultimately the unlock is out of our hands. It is a decision that has been made to consider us all, from customers to staff. I was hopeful of opening in June, although realistic it may be a month too soon.
The lockdown appears to be easing, slowly, but the country is still in lockdown even today with stringent measures in place. Closing has a threatening impact on our lovely small business, but after the events of the last few months, we believe we need everyone to stay safe as priority.
In the upcoming days I will be in touch with you personally to speak about what happens next with you holiday and the monies paid. Please be patient with me, as I want to do this personally, but the volume of calls is enormous. The employment rules mean all the staff have been told to stay away, so it is literally myself, Laura and Simon left.
I can understand people are anxious to know - but the importance is you now know what is going to happen.
We are going to review the 27th June holidays onwards from mid-June. There is a government 3-week review which we follow. So, if you have a break at the end of this month or July onwards, that now is still in place. We ask you again to be patient and understand what we are trying to do.
You will see by the actions taken in the last two months that I believe the right actions have been taken throughout.
To help us stay alive we will be trying to get breaks rebooked – that’s what we desperately need. So, if you love Docklow then please look to get it rebooked. Yet with so much uncertainty you and I cannot be sure when that will be.
These are very much unprecedented times. I am sincerely sorry for inconvenience this causes. So, I will be in touch very soon.
Docklow looks fabulous have to say and it has been fishing so well before the lock down and again now in the last few days. So, I hope people can enjoy the countryside for everyone’s sanity at some stage this year.
On a final note I want to thank you for understanding and cooperation. We are so lucky to have such fantastic customers and staff who totally understand the financial implications of a global pandemic.
Please stay safe.
Adult Only Fishing Holidays
Docklow Pools fishing holidays offer a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing holidays and possibly the oldest if not the most handsome venue of its kind in the UK.
The Bozward family have been at West End Farm (as it was then known) since 1972 when it was a working farm, and our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... how times have changed.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, we expanded the pools over the years, listened to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools